European Friends of Armenia (EuFoA, www.eufoa.org) is a young and growing NGO which seeks to strengthen relations between Europe and Armenia.
We are now seeking a highly motivated young professional for a full-time 3-months-long UNPAID INTERNSHIP to join our Armenian branch. The applicant will be trained in all aspects of NGO work and will become an integral part of our team.
The Intern of the EuFoA Armenian Branch will report to the Projects Coordinator of the EuFoA Armenian Branch, as well as to the Project Manager, EuFoA Brussels Branch.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring EU-Armenia relations, cooperation initiatives and activities
- Preparing daily press digest from local and international media sources
- Translating and proofreading correspondence into Armenian from English (EuFoA press releases, website articles, EuFoA publications, reports, correspondence)
- Assisting with EuFoA contacts database and networking management
- Providing logistical support to organizing EuFoA events, conferences, and other public activities in Armenia
- Office management and administrative tasks (answering the phone, filing, word processing, internet, photocopying)
- Other related duties as assigned
You will be required to have the following skills and qualities:
- A completed university degree in a relevant field (for example: international relations, European studies, linguistics)
- Interest in EU's external relations and political developments
- Language skills:
- Native or near-native fluency in English and Armenian with excellent drafting skills
- Knowledge of other European languages and/or Russian will be considered an asset
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet Applications) are required
- Personal qualities:
- strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- analytical and critical thinking
- well-organized, autonomous and reliable
- strong sense of responsibility and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively within team and third parties
- Ability to work under pressure, as well as to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Please send your application consisting of a CV together with a cover letter in English to email@example.com. Subject line: "Internship EuFoA"
Starting date: as soon as possible
Student internship opportunity
Bear in mind that:
- the internship has to last 8 weeks minimum
- you have to be a student to apply
- you have to have your own funding through your university, an EU programme or some other grant
- you have to possess a valid work permit for Belgium or be enrolled in a Belgian university (which means that if, for example, you are a Romanian/Russian/Armenian student in Paris, unfortunately you cannot apply)
If you are interested and fulfill the above-mentioned criteria, please send your CV and cover letter to StudentIntern@eufoa.org with a subject line "student internship". Don't forget to indicate your availability. We look forward to hearing from you!